Look around you - social media is everywhere. Indeed, social media has become one of the major marketing channels over the last two decades. To help you know where to invest your marketing efforts in 2022, we have compiled a list of essential social media marketing stats.
Whether you are confused about the social platform to run ads on, or you are pitching a social media campaign to your clients, this list may come in handy.
More specifically, we have mentioned stats about social media marketing for small businesses on the following channels:
Let us take a closer look!
Social Media Marketing Stats for Businesses
Social media marketing stats 2022 prove how fast this space is growing. Some data points in general for this year are:
- The market size of the social media industry in the US is estimated to be $72.2 billion.
- US businesses allocate 14.9% of their marketing budget to social media marketing.
- 91.9% of US marketers in companies with more than 100 employees were projected to use social media marketing in 2021, up from 86.2% in 2013.
Facebook Marketing Stats 2022
- 47% of marketers see Facebook as their most crucial social media platform.
- 93% of businesses in the US are active on Facebook. This means that Facebook is still the most-used social platform by US marketers.
- More than 200 million businesses use Facebook’s free tools and apps.
- 82% of new social media marketers focus on Facebook.
- 94% of B2C marketers and 85% of B2B marketers use Facebook.
- 55% of B2B marketers see Facebook as their number-one choice for social media marketing.
- Facebook is the top platform for marketers to regularly publish videos.
- 41% of marketers plan on increasing their organic activities on Facebook. At the same time, 13% of marketers plan on paying less attention to their Facebook organic marketing.
- 51% of businesses claim Facebook is their most important platform for ads.
- 70% of US businesses leverage Facebook advertising.
- 72% of B2C marketers are more inclined toward using Facebook ads than B2B marketers (67%).
- Facebook is the second social media platform that has produced the best organic results for B2B marketers in the last 12 months, behind LinkedIn.
- Facebook boasts of hosting approximately 10 million active advertisers right now.
- Video ads are the best-performing ad formats on Facebook.
- Facebook scooped in $27.1 billion in ad revenue in the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Out of Facebook’s ad revenue, the United States and Canada made up $13.7 billion in the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Only 12% of brands use live videos on Facebook.
- Facebook Messenger is the most-used messaging app for marketing (over 75%).
- 37% of marketers claim Facebook contributes the most to their sales.
Instagram Marketing Stats 2022
- 79% of US marketers use Instagram. It is the second most-used social platform for marketing, right behind Facebook.
- Right now, Instagram is the number-one platform marketers (71%) want to learn more about.
- 67% of new social media marketers focus on Instagram, after Facebook.
- Instagram is the second most-used platform by B2C marketers (85%), behind Facebook.
- 74% of B2B marketers use Instagram for their businesses.
- Instagram is the second most-used video publishing platform for marketers, right behind Facebook.
- 61% of marketers plan on increasing their Instagram organic marketing activities over the next 12 months.
- 59% of B2B marketers plan on increasing their organic marketing on Instagram, as compared to 66% of B2C marketers.
- Instagram has more than 200 million business accounts.
- 70% of businesses find Instagram to be the most effective social platform for running influencer marketing campaigns.
- Instagram is the second most-used ad platform for US marketers (54%), following Facebook.
- 27% of marketers claim Instagram contributes the most to their sales, behind Facebook.
- 24% of marketers select Instagram as the single most important social platform for their business - an increase from just 10% in 2018.
Twitter Marketing Statistics
- 43% of marketers use Twitter now, down from 48% in 2021.
- 42% of B2C marketers and 49% of B2B marketers have incorporated Twitter into their social strategy.
- Only 2% of marketers see Twitter as the most important social platform for their business.
- The most popular Twitter hashtag among #contentmarketing tweets is “#digitalmarketing” (47%), followed by “#seo” (40%) and “#marketing” (37%).
- Only 28% of marketers plan on increasing their Twitter organic activities, as compared to the 32% who do not plan on using Twitter for their marketing at all.
- Currently, 18% of marketers are using TikTok, up from only 9% in 2021.
- While 32% of marketers were interested in TikTok in 2021, 47% of marketers now want to learn more about the platform.
- 37% of marketers plan to increase their organic activity on TikTok, up from 21% in 2021.
- 52% of marketers have no plans on using TikTok at all.
- 40% of businesses plan to incorporate TikTok into their social media strategy for 2022.
- 20% of B2C marketers use TikTok.
- The platform is used by 15% of B2B marketers.
LinkedIn Marketing Stats
- At present, there are over 58 million companies on LinkedIn.
- More than 50% of US marketers started using LinkedIn in 2021, based on projections.
- 53% of B2C marketers use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is the second most-used social platform by B2B marketers (81%), behind Facebook.
- 40% of B2B marketers select LinkedIn as their number-one choice for social media marketing.
- B2B marketers are more likely to use LinkedIn ads than their B2C counterparts. In fact, 75% of B2B marketers leverage LinkedIn ads.
- LinkedIn is the top organic (93%) as well as paid (75%) social media platform for B2B marketers.
- LinkedIn is the most important social media platform for 19% of marketers, a visible rise from 12% in 2018.
- 77% of B2B marketers claim LinkedIn has produced the best organic results for their businesses in the last 12 months.
- 54% of marketers plan on increasing their LinkedIn organic marketing over the next 12 months.
- LinkedIn is the top paid social media platform that has produced the best results for B2B marketers (79%) in the last 12 months.
- Companies that share updates on LinkedIn every week find a 2x higher engagement rate.
Snapchat Statistics 2022
- There are over 30 million businesses viewable on Snapchat.
- Only 3% of B2B marketers and 4% of B2C marketers use Snapchat.
- 7% of marketers have plans to increase their organic activity on Snapchat.
- A significant 80% of marketers do not plan on using Snapchat.
YouTube Marketing Stats
- 67% of marketers plan on increasing their usage of YouTube video marketing.
- 69% of marketers are interested in organic video marketing on YouTube.
- 54% of B2C marketers and 51% of B2B marketers use YouTube.
- YouTube is the third preferred platform for marketers to publish videos regularly, following Facebook and Instagram.
- 57% of marketers plan on increasing their organic YouTube activities over the next 12 months, while 17% do not expect to use the platform at all.
- 64% of marketers are interested in learning more about YouTube.
Conclusion: Business Social Media Marketing Stats
You can gauge the state of today’s business world from the social media marketing stats we have mentioned above. These statistics can also show you the possible future trends of social marketing, and which platforms may work the best for your business.
Hence, it is time to start using these statistics to your advantage.
However, you may lack the time required to pay attention to social media for your brand. In that case, you can reach out to the Social Media Marketing Experts at MyTasker. They can help you effectively incorporate social media into your brand strategy.